Main Sewer Line
The Main Sewer Line
The main sewer line is responsible for channeling toilet waste, sink waste, and tub waste from your house to the sewer. This line is located under the ground and is large in size when compared to the main water line. This is because the sewer line carries both liquid and solid wastes compared to the water line, which is only responsible for carrying water.
Plumber Orem is well equipped and is always at your service to assist your main sewer line. We offer repair, replacement, emergency service, and maintenance services at a very affordable price. Our plumbers are well trained and equipped, so you can be sure the job will be done correctly.
The main sewer line needs to be maintained properly, which can help save a lot of money that might be spent on emergencies. Proper maintenance also prolongs the life-span of the pipes, as it clears them of any blockages before the pipe get clogged and bursts.
It is very important to maintain your main sewer line because the line is highly prone to clogs. Clogs are majorly caused by our way of life and also by uncontrolled factors in nature, for example, tree root growth. Some of the reasons why this line may get clogged are:
- Wrong usage if the toilet
You ought to treat your toilet appropriately. Some people treat their toilets like trash cans by flushing unwanted objects causing it to block. Always be careful not to flush down things like sanitary towels, papers, eggshells, wet tissue wipe, and feminine hygiene products.
- Sagging sewer lines
A sag on the sewer line creates a shape that is similar to the letter “U”. This shape makes it impossible for any kind of waste, especially solid wastes to exit the pipes. The sags are mostly caused by shifting soil and it is very important that any sag be repaired quickly by professional plumbers.
- Dumping grease down the drain
As much as grease may have a liquid consistency when poured down the drain, it can harden the insides of the pipes which can encourage a stubborn clog. Surprisingly, this is one of the common causes of sewer line clogs across America.
- The roots of trees
Tree roots can also be a major cause of clogs. Tree roots seek water and can easily intrude during dry seasons. If your pipe is leaking and the roots detect the water flowing from it, they can surround the pipe and possibly even break it. The effect of this will certainly lead to a blocked sewer line.
There are several signs that can let you know if your sewer line is clogged or blocked. It is very important to watch out for these signs so that you can prevent further damage to the line.
Some of the signs that you can look out for are:
- Regularly backed up toilets: Toilets are supposed to flush down with ease. When you notice that waste doesn’t go down easily when flushed, chances are that you have a clog in the line.
- Bad smell: Any bad smell in your house or home can mean that the sewer line is leaking. Call a plumber to detect where the problem is so they can fix it immediately.
- Molds growing on the walls.
- Discolored patches of green in the lawn.
- Presence of waste in areas of your yard.
- Sinkholes in the yard. This is a sign of a sagging sewer line.
- Backups: When there is a clog in the sewer line, you will experience water backups in your home. Check for backups in your tubs, toilets, and sink.
- Having an overflow at sewer cleanouts: Check the area around the sewer cleanout. The cleanouts are located in the yard and are easy to locate as they are marked with the word “clean out” or “sewage”.
Do not ignore any or all of these signs. It is important that you don’t try to unblock sewer lines on your own. This is because several failed attempts can lead to more damage of the sewer mainline. Always call in the professionals immediately once you see these signs.
Clogs should never be left unattended, because they can lead to serious problems in the future. Call us to schedule a maintenance check! Our services are very pocket friendly as we give you only the best services because we value you as our customer and take pride in getting the job done professionally.
How to Tests for Clogs
There are several ways that you can use to test for clogs. Some of them are:
- Is there a bathroom that you rarely use? Or a tap that is not used? Trying turning on their faucets. If the water drains in slowly, chances are that there is a clog in the sewer line.
- When you flush your toilet and hear a “gurgle” noise, this is a sign of a sewer line clog. It means that there is something blocking the water in the pipes as it tries to go down.
- When you turn on your washing machine, check if there is any drainage in your toilet or shower. If there is, then you can be sure that you have a clog.
Why you can trust us with the job
It is very important that all blockages and clogs be fixed by professional plumbers. Your Plumber Orem is a team of highly trained and skilled expert plumbers that can get the job done in a professional way. You can trust us because here at Your Plumber Orem, you as a customer, comes first. Why choose us?:
- We are highly equipped for all plumbing jobs.
- We only guarantee a 100% expert service delivery.
- We are not costly.
- We are local so we understand our town and its plumbing needs.
- Our plumbers very well trained.
- We are open 24/7, which means we cover all emergencies at any time.
- You will get a free estimation.
- Here at Your Plumber Orem, the customer always comes first.